Use WordPress to communicate with students and parents!
If you can type with simple formatting, and drag and drop pictures/videos, then you will be able to create informative and interesting pages for your students and parents.
A site can be as simple as one page where you list important information for your class. A communication site can be as complex as many pages that provide information that is divided into different topics and sub-topics.
Key steps to remember:
Part 1: Creating the Framework (in less than an hour!)
- Log into your site – using your district email username/password
- Create a static home page
- Apply one of the 20+ themes
- Customize the theme with your colour choices, images, etc
- Create ‘blank’ pages for each of the pages you would like to add – setting the privacy, page attributes
- Create the navigation menu for your pages
Part 2: Adding the Content
- Add the picture, video, and document files to your Media Library
- You can copy and paste text from other word documents – so if you have already typed your information in another program, this can save time
Onto…. New Sites, First Steps